Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employment Location||Paso Robles, CA|
|Company Description||Midnight Cellars is small family owned vineyard and winery operation in the beautiful town of Paso Robles, CA. Midnight produces estate grown wines from the famed Willow Creek district in Paso Robles. We produce about 7,000 cases of wine for Midnight Cellars along with producing wine for custom crush clients, usually about 12,000 total cases. We have a small tight knit fun winemaking team. We pride ourselves in our passion for winemaking and our ability to put smiles on each other’s face.|
|Employment Start Date||August 1st|
|Job Description|| Position Summary|
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for making high quality wine, who has 3 -5 years of cellar experience and is looking become a part of a winemaking family. This position will be an integral support position to the Assistant Winemaker and Winemaker, helping with most aspects of daily winemaking responsibilities.
This is a full-time contract. Weekly schedule is typically Monday through Friday. There will include weekend work and overtime as necessary (especially during harvest). Position also includes benefits for full-time employment at Midnight Cellars.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
• Help maintain daily winery sanitation. A clean winery is a happy winery!
• Perform cellar work assigned by Assistant Winemaker.
o Transfers, blending, racking, topping, barrel work/maintenance, etc.
• Perform select lab analysis with aid from Assistant Winemaker.
• Performs simple equipment maintenance throughout the cellar.
• Ability to recognize problems and report potential issues to Assistant Winemaker.
• Able to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
• Able to work hard and independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability and willingness to work various shifts including weekends and overtime.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills - oral and written.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Light-hearted and flexible.
• Previous harvest experience in winery production
• Undergraduate degree in Enology and/or Viticulture or related field
• Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
• Previous forklift experience
• Previous laboratory experience.
• Ability to run various types of wine filters.
|Contact Info||Please send all resumes and cover letters to the email provided.|
|Contact Address||2925 Anderson Rd.|
Return to Main List