Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Employer||Jessie's Grove Winery|
|Employment Location||Lodi, CA|
|Company Description|| Jessie's Grove Winery is seeking harvest interns to join our team for Harvest 2021. Jessie's Grove is home of the oldest Cinsault vineyard, as well as the oldest Zinfandel vineyard in the Lodi appellation. We grow 12 varieties on our 300 acre estate. All of our vineyards are farmed using Lodi Rules Sustainable Farming Practices. We will be processing for our winery as well as our custom crush customers.|
|Pay Scale||Based on Experience|
|Employment Start Date||August 15, 2021|
|Employment End Date||Dec 1, 2021|
|Job Description|| We are looking for team players with a strong work ethic who are passionate about wine, have a positive attitude, and are detailed orientated.|
This is a seasonal position. We expect the position to start mid August and end mid November. We expect to fill 2 positions at the end of harvest.
- Grape receiving, sorting, crushing and pressing
- Lots of cleaning and sanitation
- Pump-overs and punch-downs
- Fermentation monitoring
- Field sampling
- Wine / must movements / racking
- Forklift driving is helpful, however, training is available for qualified individuals
- Other tasks as necessary
- Attention to safety, and ability to work in a busy production environment around equipment and chemicals
- Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements
- Great attitude with flexibility to work in an ever changing environment
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; take direction
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Forklift skills a plus!
- Previous winery experience preferred, not required
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- MUST be flexible and willing to work long hours, outdoors in differing weather conditions, various shifts and on weekends.
Hourly compensation is based on experience
Contact Tana Cole firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact Address||1973 W. Turner Rd. Lodi, CA 95242|
|Contact Phone||209 365 4204|
|Other Information||We expect to fill 2 positions at the end of harvest.|
Return to Main List