Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Harvest Cellar Intern|
|Employment Location||St. Helena, CA|
|Company Description||Heitz Cellar is a family owned winery, founded in 1961 and known worldwide for producing ultra-premium wines.|
|Employment Start Date||July 6, 2021|
|Employment End Date||November 19, 2021|
|Job Description|| We are seeking interns to help with cellar operations at our various wine-making facilities. This is an exciting opportunity with a company dedicated to producing outstanding wines and exemplifying the ongoing tradition of the art of fine wine-making in the Napa Valley. This position is a hands-on role collaborating with the wine making team in all aspects of production to ensure the success of producing a quality product.|
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
• Assists with, and performs, all crush activities
• Assists with, and performs, wine transfers, racking and blending operations
• Assists with, and performs, barrel operations
• Assists in filtration operations
• Some forklift operations (dumping fruit and forklifting empty and full barrels)
• Assists in bottling operations
• Follows winery, department, and legally mandated safety policies and procedures
• Reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor immediately
• Communicate with managers and co-workers in a positive manner
• Follows directions and works with a positive attitude
• Interested in learning more about premium wine-making and has an enthusiastic outlook on learning by doing.
• Some knowledge of wine equipment, techniques, and processes a plus.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction.
• Physically able to lift 60 pounds using safe procedures on a repetitive basis.
• Can sustain extended periods of standing or walking on concrete floors.
• Ability to work extended shifts.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
|Contact Info||Please submit application materials via email.|
Return to Main List