Welcome 'Guest' to the Department of Viticulture & Enology Employment Bulletin Board
New Job Listings provided by the industry will be posted here for our students and alumni to view.
Return to Main List
|Title||Lab Tech Intern|
|Company Description|| Bogle Vineyards and Winery is located in Clarksburg, California, and is run by the sixth generation of Bogles to live and work in the Sacramento Delta region. Bogle was honored as Wine Enthusiast’s 2019 American Winery of the Year and was presented with the Green Medal Leader Award in 2018 for its sustainability efforts in the winery and vineyards. We are committed to empowering all our employees, many who have been with us for decades. |
We would LOVE to chat with each and every one of you but unfortunately the number of resumes we receive makes that impossible. If the hiring manager feels your skills and experience could be a good fit for this role, we will contact you!
|Employment Start Date||August|
|Employment End Date||November|
|Job Description|| PAID INTERNSHIP|
• Monitor must and wine for the completion of both primary and secondary fermentations.
• Perform basic analysis on incoming fruit, juice, fermenting must, and finished wines.
• Accurately perform and report all analyses for review in accordance with SOPS.
• Collection of tank and barrel samples for analysis and tasting.
• Calibrate and standardize laboratory equipment and reagents.
• Receive grape trucks and perform grape analysis.
• Data entry.
• May sample grapes in the vineyards and analyze juice for maturation levels.
• Knowledge of lab analysis and methodology.
• Must be quality focused, punctual and reliable.
• Ability to self-start and prioritize.
• Must be team oriented and willing to assist others.
• Must be able to work long hours and weekends when needed during harvest.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision when required.
• Position includes extensive walking, standing and climbing.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
The lab contains hazardous chemicals. The cellar and barrel warehouse present a challenging environment: hot and cold, wet, slippery and often noisy. Must be able to walk up and down stairs, ladders and mobile platforms. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, twist, and be able to lift and carry up to 55 lbs.
|Contact Info||Please apply through our career center, by following the link within this posting.|
|Contact Address|| 49762 Hamilton Road|
Clarksburg, CA 95612
Return to Main List